Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Timeless Question

Sorry for not posting for a few days.  The dragon had me by the throat, but I finally gained some ground.

So, it's not what do I want to be when I grow up, but WHO do I want to be?  What kind of person will I be today...every day?  I'm not defined by what I do, but by my actions, which show my true character.  I can do good toward everyone--if not out of love, then at least out of compassion, because almost everyone I meet is suffering in some way--or I can act selfishly, only for me and what I can get out of Life.  But, everything I do, even if I'm completely "alone" has a consequence and a potential effect on someone:  it's a stone dropped into a pond.

I can act like I'm an island, independent, self-sufficient, isolated.  Or, I can build a bridge to that other "island," who--once he/she sees my efforts--may just start building a bridge toward me, too.  Reach out, dear reader.  I'm reaching out with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment