Thursday, May 23, 2013

In Debt!

I'm indebtted to hundreds of people:  my parents, my extended family, my friends, my teachers, my husband, and even my son.  Why my son?  Because without him, I would have missed so many joys.  But, I'm also in debt to perfect strangers.  Whether I encountered them in person or by phone, letter, or e-mail, God was in each of them.  They presented me with an opportunity to give my best and, more importantly, to love as I have been loved.

I don't want to know how many times I failed them!  Now that I'm more mindful, I can only hope that my successes can someday outweight those failures.  And those people who failed to see God in me?  I humbly and sincerely forgive them.  Lord, please forgive me my debts, as I forgive my debtors.

Dear reader, consider trying to see the people in your life with new eyes.  See each one as a unique and precious gift, as God in a very clever disguise.  Then, do your best to love them.  Even if all you have to give someone is a smile, give it with love.  I'm doing so with you...

No comments:

Post a Comment