Friday, October 18, 2013

Darkness

I don't know about you, but the toughest mornings for me are those of late September through October, before we change the clocks again.  Monday through Friday, I get up at 5 a.m., but the sun rises later and later.  I'm busy during that time, maybe even with writing, and yet, those two plus hours of darkness wear on me.  Of course, when the light does come, at long last, it's so beautiful!  I often stop in my tracks to gaze at the sky, the glowing rim of horizon, the yellow, orange and fuchsia streaking the clouds, which greet the sun.

Perhaps that's part of the purpose of darkness in our lives, too--to help us appreciate the light.  I pray, dear reader, that you will experience a ray of light today and that the light will be filled with God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment