Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I Have Returned

It's been a while, dear readers.  Sorry about that.  I'm hoping that the worst of our crisis is over, but who knows?

What a journey this summer!  I had to put many things aside and do many things that I didn't want to do.  Of course, there were also unexpected joys, like the extended visit of our Italian cousin.  She was much younger than me, and I thought that we would have nothing in common.  But, just the opposite was true, and it seemed that all we did together was laugh. 

As for my little sacrifices, they were worth it.  Nothing is more important than the people we love.  Still, I catch myself being selfish--thinking only of what I want to do, of how I'm criticized, etc.--so many times during the day.  Selfishness is such an easy, comfortable habit to slip into--like an old, tattered tennis shoe!

My goal is to perform tasks with joy, especially those things that my family needs me to do.  It doesn't matter how small the task, or how many times I've done it or re-do it during the day.  No matter that what I HAVE accomplished seems invisible to them and goes unacknowledged.  I'm really doing things for God, for the God who resides in their beautiful souls.  I need to do everything for love...for Love itself.

This means that everyone is dispensed, exempt from gratitude...  I love and serve them, God, for their/his own sake and not for a reward of any kind.

If you're experiencing something like this too, know that my heartfelt prayers are with you.  We're going ahead together.  Most of all, THANK YOU for your time and your reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment